[ic] IC 4.8.3 and authorize.net

Jason Timm interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Jan 20 13:09:01 2002

I have done what I thought was necessary for implementing authorize.net on
my client's site (4.8.3 on RH 7.1).  I have:

Made sure ssleay was there - it is...

Added:

Require module Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet

to the end of the interchange.cfg file and restarted - it seems to load fine
(says it's using ssleay).

Added:

Variable MV_PAYMENT_MODE    authorizenet
Variable AUTHNET_MODE       authorizenet
Variable AUTHNET_SERVER     secure.authorize.net
Variable MV_PAYMENT_ID      merchantid
Variable AUTHNET_ID         merchantid
Variable MV_PAYMENT_SECRET  secretword
Variable AUTHNET_SECRET     secretword
Variable MV_PAYMENT_REFERER
Variable AUTHNET_REFERER

to the catalog.cfg and restarted interchange - I used both sets of var names
because the docs and archives are unclear (I figured it wouldn't hurt
anything).   This seems to get me to the point where this error appears when
trying to check out on checkout_2.html:

There were errors in your last submission:
(authorizenet): Charge operation 'authorizenet' failed.

At least it's trying...

But, after having read the authorizenet.pm file and every archive post about
authorize.net, I cannot get it to work.  In addition, if I can get it to the
point where this error does not appear - how would I know that it worked
(since it will not show up in the transaction history on authorize.net)?

Jason