[ic] What is mv_pc?

vincenker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 04:57:08 2002

Thanks for your clarification. :)
So, a randomized number should be ok for mv_pc, right?
My scenario is that:
System generates <A
href="http://...../basket?mv_session_id=xxxx&mv_pc=xxx&..."> when I use
[order xxxx][/order] tags in templates. But I just want the URL in HREF.
So I have to generate the URL by putting all variables together.
Is there any other ways to get this?

Best Regards,
Vincent
-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Clark
Sent: 2002Äê1ÔÂ21ÈÕ 17:22
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: RE: [ic] What is mv_pc?

> I am confused by the variable mv_pc. What does it mean? How to
retrieve
> the value of mv_pc?
> It seems that it is auto-generated in sequence, any algorithm there?
> I didn¡¯t see any description in the doc; but I did see every Purchase
> link has mv_pc in its URL.
> Any clarification on this is much appreciated.

It is there to generate unique urls for each page - this is so that your
pages will not be cached (say by a web proxy) and then the cached page
delivered to the user next time round instead of your new, different,
page.
There are some proxies out there which seem to ignore http headers
telling
them not to cache..

You don't need to set / return the value. Just trust ic to come up with
the
right urls, including session id where necessary.

Jonathan
Webmaint.