[ic] Creditcards in interchange

Mon Jan 21 13:39:01 2002

At 07:01 PM 01/21/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Thanks for the answer but it does not work, there when i desactivate the
>creditcard payment i can not enter any orders in the admin interface there
>the half of the sreen is not displayed, I even changed the admin views
>manualy without luck, i did that before.
>When there is no credit card paymet you get the error on the customer
>interface as follows: and the credit card fields stay displayed even with
>the COD as standard payment.
>Credit Card Information: Can't figure out credit card type from
>
>number.
>
>The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.
>
>Please verify the information below and click the "Place Order"
>
>  button to process your order.

Can't confirm this - it worked fine for me.  I have an IC 4.8.3 foundation
catalog.  Went in to Administration->Preferences->Payment (not the submenu
link; that page appears to not work correctly), and edited the variables
directly to make COD the only valid payment method, then applied
changes.  I was able to place an order on the front end - I did have to
recalculate the checkout page once to clear the display of the CC form, but
thereafter it worked fine.  I would add this line to the catalog.cfg:

ValuesDefault payment_method cod

- Ed L.