[ic] CVV2 with Interchange

Gur interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 21:06:01 2002

What I am trying to do:
Implement CVV2 with Interchange. I want to create a custom "checkout field"
that goes along with credit card exp. and credit card number. The user fills
in the 3 digit number, the number is encrypted and sent to me via email,
along with the credit card number and expiration.

I have searched through the documentation and the mailing list but I can't
seem to find information on how to create your own custom credit
card/payment field.

Has anyone implemented CVV2 with Interchange?

What is CVV2?
“CVV2: A New Three-Digit Value
An important new security feature for card-not-present transactions now
appears on the back of most Visa cards. This new feature is a three-digit
value which provides a cryptographic check of the information embossed on
the card.”
link: http://www.usa.visa.com/business/merchants/fraud_basics_cvv2.html

American Express offers a similar program where the number is a four-digit
number and printed near the top of the card on front of the card.

My Two Cents:
Would it be possible for Red Hat to create an area on the official
Interchange web site where people can submit a HOWTO .... type
documentation? I a have been able to modify the simple foundation template
to include a multi-page checkout, recommend to a friend and a semi-automatic
email notifications system and I would love to share it with others who
might be struggling with it, the archive is full of people attempting to
implement In Stock Notifications and a multi-page checkout.

Thanks,
Gur