[ic] [data] tag using not the key for the key

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 03:06:01 2002

Russ Mann wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I made another table to make drop-down DB lookup widgets happen for dynamic
> sidebar search link fields.
>
> Here's an example of the DB fields:
>
> code
> sub_category
> extra_text
>
> What I need to be able to do is access the data in the field "extra_text"
> with only knowing the value of sub_category.
>
> [data table=media_type column=extra_text key='[item-field sub_category]']
>
> This is the tag that doesn't work, and I'm sure the reason it doesn't work
> is the [data] tag is "keying" on the code field instead of the sub_category
> field.  How can I modify which field the "key" is keyed to?

Try

[seti mykey][item-field sub_category][/seti]
TEST value: [scratch mykey]<BR>

[data table="media_type" column="extra_text" key="[scratch mykeey]"]

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]