[ic] Interchange and Mysql problems

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 13:37:00 2002

> Hello everyone,  The following is what I have accessible to me at this
> point.
>
> 102,000 record mysql database
> Interchange 4.8.3
> MySQL and PHPadmin
> root access to my server which is running linux, what version I am
> unsure although the server was just built two weeks ago so I think it is
> version 7.2
>
> I have purchased the Interchange documentation and I am still having
> problems. I have been at this via a shared virtual server since the
> first part of November. I decided to go to a dedicated server a couple
> of weeks ago to help alleviate some of the problems I was having. I have
> a considerable investment of both $ and time spent on this and would
> appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you so much for your time.
> I'm looking forward to hearing back from you. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Everyone on this list has been where you are and I'm sure we would all love
to help you.  However, correct me if I am wrong, I do not see a "?" anywhere
in the paragraphs above.  We cannot help unless the questions are clear and
conscience.   Here are a few resources that might help get things started.

This link
is an EXCELLENT resource on how to structure questions so that you get an
accurate response and perhaps even more.  It is a great read for anyone,
regardless of experience.  I know I learned a lot from it.

This link:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/index.html
Has all the MySQL documentation on-line and searchable.  It is very handy to
have around and you can find almost anything on MySQL there.

Also, don't forget about the comments that are added directly into the
interchange foundation demo pages.  You can read those and follow along some
times.

And of course, Search the web and search the mailing list for answers and
you can find almost anything there.   Most questions have been answered to
some degree.  The trick is to try multiple search terms and find what you
are looking for.

Hope that helps.

Marty Tennison
Developer