[ic] forms, profiles, checkout

Jurgen Botz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 11:51:01 2002

Forms, profiles and checkout seem to be the most poorly documented part
of IC, or at least I couldn't find very much info on them.  So I have
some questions...

1) The profiles of the foundation store use a variety of IC tags.  Are
   there any restriction on what you can do in a profile?  Should I be
   able to manipulate all the session state?  [userdb save] doesn't
   seem to work for me in a profile.

2) &final triggers the actual order processing, right?  Can that be
   inside a conditional, i.e. can I say something like...

     [if value user_checked_box]
        &final
     [/if]

   ..?  And in general, how do these &thingies work, are they just
   subroutine calls and sure to be processed sequentially?

3) In a profile, is there any difference between...

     &set=some_value 123

      ...and...

     [value name=some_value set=123]   ...?

4) After &final processing, what is the state of the session?  Does
   $Values get reset?  What about $Scratch?

Thanks...

:j

--
Jürgen Botz                       | While differing widely in the various
jurgen@botz.org                   | little bits we know, in our infinite