[ic] Documentation

Jurgen Botz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 14:42:00 2002

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Jurgen Botz <jurgen@botz.org> writes:
>
> > The documentation has some obvious gaps.  A bit of historic searching shows
> > that these have been there for a while without getting fixed... with free
> > software that can be expected, or rather, the user can't expect it to be
> > fixed unless they do it.  But IC isn't just free software it's /also/ a
> > RedHat supported product.  Would I get more complete documentation from
> > RedHat?  Is the printed doc RedHat sells more complete?
>
> Please be aware that emails of these kinds tend to be ignored. People
> are bitching all the times about the documentation of Interchange, but
> only a very small set of people are actually working on it.
> And these guys are usually very busy with doing their work and
> Interchange development at all.

Uhm, it wasn't a criticism... like I said "the user can't expect it to
be fixed unless they do it."  I've been a free/open source software
user for a long time and I try to do my share.  The question was
whether there was any more complete doc available now, for purchase
from RedHat... and you didn't answer that.

:j

--
Jürgen Botz                       | While differing widely in the various
jurgen@botz.org                   | little bits we know, in our infinite