[ic] imagemap help -- area tag not using cookies?

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 20:36:00 2002

Howdy.  As promised, my second weird one.

I'm trying to use imagemaps as a method of navigation.  I found the
AREA tag and it seems to do most of what I'd like to do.  However, for
some weird reason, the AREA tags will occasionally tack on the ID
stuff to the query string of the URL instead of using cookies.

I've definitely seen cases where the URL displayed at the top of my
browser ends in .html i.e. no query string and yet the URLs that AREA
give me have query strings at the end.

So, I ask the assembled masses...  Any suggestions or tips on getting
imagemaps to work properly within IC as a navigational system?  Any
thoughts on weird things that could be causing cookies to be dropped
when using imagemaps?  And finally, anyone successfully including
imagemaps in fields populated from the database?  How do you do it?

Thanks in advance for all the help... We're remarkably close to
getting our new site finished... just a few details and then the
checkout process to go.

-- Bob