[ic] imagemap help -- area tag not using cookies?

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Jan 26 15:33:01 2002

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> Bob Ramstad <rramstad@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > Howdy.  As promised, my second weird one.
> >
> > I'm trying to use imagemaps as a method of navigation.  I found the
> > AREA tag and it seems to do most of what I'd like to do.  However, for
> > some weird reason, the AREA tags will occasionally tack on the ID
> > stuff to the query string of the URL instead of using cookies.
> >
> > I've definitely seen cases where the URL displayed at the top of my
> > browser ends in .html i.e. no query string and yet the URLs that AREA
> > give me have query strings at the end.
> >
> > So, I ask the assembled masses...  Any suggestions or tips on getting
> > imagemaps to work properly within IC as a navigational system?  Any
> > thoughts on weird things that could be causing cookies to be dropped
> > when using imagemaps?  And finally, anyone successfully including
> > imagemaps in fields populated from the database?  How do you do it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for all the help... We're remarkably close to
> > getting our new site finished... just a few details and then the
> > checkout process to go.
>
> No problems with imagemaps here, e.g.:
>
>                 <AREA SHAPE="RECT" COORDS="1,219,157,232" HREF="[area href="service/kompetenz/index.html"]" TARGET="_parent">
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

Yes! No problems, but it seems to me, Bob Ramstad is inserting that via
the UI page and it seems to me, he use UI to edit the templates or the
catalog page and that pages use [filter entities]. Is that the cause?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]