[ic] Loop Search

Jim Webster interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 06:16:01 2002

Hi Everyone,

I haven't read "how to ask smart questions" but I'll take a stab... I'm
trying to show the # of fields in a specific column of a MySQL table.  Such
as:

You have "X" messages.

Or more precise:

You have [value-extended mv_search_match_count] messages.

Here is my problem, I can get the loop string to work with an actual
username such as se=testname but what I need is se=[data session username].
Here's some sample code of what I have:

This Works:
[loop
search=/fi=membersemail/co=1/se=testname/sf=email_to/ml=1000000][/loop]

This Does Not Work:
[loop search=/fi=membersemail/co=1/se=[data session
username]/sf=email_to/ml=1000000][/loop]

I have tryed: '[data session username]' and "[data session username]".  I
also tryed setting a value and using se=[value test].

The documentation on "loop search" is very extensive on Interchange
Developers Resource.  Unfortunately, I can not find my particular
application anywhere.

Some good ideas came from the chat room, no go... I'm sure this is a very
simple answer, I'm just dumb or tired, not sure.. LOL.

Any help is much appreciated :-)

Jim.