[ic] interchange foundation demo not working with Oracle

Richard Chen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 12:54:00 2002

Hi,
	I just tried interchange foundation demo. The
regular DBM database worked. But when I tried using
Oracle, there are problems upon starting interchange:

Configuring catalog foundation...Using Oracle, DSN=dbi:Oracle:...table
country created: create table country (
code VARCHAR2(3) PRIMARY KEY,
sorder VARCHAR2(128),
region VARCHAR2(128),
selector VARCHAR2(3),
shipmodes VARCHAR2(64),
name VARCHAR2(32) DEFAULT '',
iso CHAR(3) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
isonum CHAR(3) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
tax VARCHAR2(128)
)

table 'country' failed: country import failed: ORA-01400: cannot insert
NULL into ("INTERCHANGE"."COUNTRY"."ISO") (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)

Apparently there are data records with iso and isonum having no values.

I had tried removing the 'NOT NULL' restriction from
foundation/dbconf/oracle/country.ora. But the resulting
checkout page does not have the correct pull down menu for
State/Provice entry. No state/province were listed. All entries
in the pull down are blank.

Also, the shipping method pull down on checkout page is blank.

This means that the demo allows buying stuff but no checkout :-(

Anyone got a workaround for this? Do I have to remove the entries
with iso and isonum blank from the datafile?

Thanks for any info.

Richard