[ic] Trying to setup demo store on RAQ4. Help!

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 18:40:00 2002

Dan Donald wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Although I am new to Linux (just got a dedicated server - RAQ4), I wanted to
> see it Interchange would suit my needs for e-commerce for clients.
> I've successfully installed the tarball (I think...) and makecat runs fine.
> I downloaded all of the perl modules (including a perl upgrade which didn't
> affect my Cobalt UI) but I cannot make the foundation shop work.  I;ve tried
> numerous different locations, etc in the makecat config but still no luck.

Dan, probably the easiest thing to do to test your interchange install
is to run through the tutorial, which is buried somewhere at
interchange.redhat.com (I'm not lazy, I'm just walking out the
door here, sorry... :)

Anyway, the tutorial is very simple and it's step by step, with it
you can verify that IC is installed correctly, and THEN work on
getting foundation up and running.  I'm guessing the install isn't
up to snuff though, as foundation should work out of the box.

Good luck,

--J(K)