[ic] ProductFiles

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 03:36:01 2002

music@labyrinth.net.au wrote:

> Why can't interchange use my secondary products data table?
>
> Using 4.8.3, this catalogue uses MySQL
>
> I can find and sort data using [query] OK
>
> I have added:
>
> Database  products  products.txt  TAB
> Database  products2  products2.txt  TAB

Where did you insert a new table? Into the catalog.cfg? Did you have a
new file like products2.dbm?

> ProductFiles   products products2
>
> though for the life of me I can't get IC to display a sku from the products2
> table.
>
> [order 1234 1]Order item in products2[/order] does not find anything

> product.
>
> This tag will find items in products2 however but still cannot order.
>  [page scan
>          se=Beanie Baby
>        sf=category
>         fi=products2]
> Find Beanies
> [/pages]
>
> The products2 file fields are:
> sku     description     price   composer        publisher       prod_group
> category        supplier_sku
>  weight
>
> The table has over 100000 items in it. I know there are a couple of SKUs
> that are also in the product.txt file but am assuming at this stage that
> this is not the reason for the problem.

If you have two or more same SKU in different table, you will get the
data from the another item or table often. In most common case, I get
the the wrong datas from the wrong table. Use a SKU as it is.

-------------- snip -------
SKU stands for Stock Keeping Unit and is a number associated with a
product for inventory
purposes. E-Commerce uses this number to identify an individual product.
Because of this,
each product must have a SKU, and each SKU must be unique.

If your products do not normally have a SKU, ISBN, or part number, you
can invent your own
arbitrary numbering system. The important thing is that you give
E-Commerce unique numbers
that it can use to reference each product.

> Otherwise this catalogue is in production and working well, just need to add
> second product table.

It is possible and works for me. I use more than 2 table.

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]