[ic] Still Not Working - HELP: [if discount [item-code]] interpolation trouble

Wed Jan 30 14:52:02 2002

Quoting Thomas J.M. Burton (tom@globalfocusdm.com):
> Actually, that didn't work after all.
>
> When I use [if type=discount term="[item-code]"]...[/if] the result is
> always true whether or not there's actually a discount.
>
> If I turn interpolation off in the [search-region], it works fine. How can I
> do both?

We have some basic misconceptions here.

First of all, I cannot conceive of a situation where you would
want [search-region interpolate=1]. Of course it works fine
if you turn it off -- that is how it should be used.

Repeat after me:

    interpolate=1 should rarely be used.
    interpolate=1 should rarely be used.
    interpolate=1 should rarely be used.

Repeat until it takes.

Second, [item-code] ... is only within the context of a flypage or
an list. If you want to insert the results of something that
is in an outer loop, and it's default marker.

Third, no one will ever be able to help with snippets of page
code out of context. Give some reasonably-clipped complete
example.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer