[ic] Help with IC setup and CPAN

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 12:38:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Joachim Leidinger
>
> Jason Kohles wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:06:34PM +0100, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> > > Jason Kohles wrote:
<-- SNIP -->
> > No, it fetches them based on module name.  All this message says is
"if
> > we set it up this way, people wouldn't have to ignore the fact that
cpan
> > tells them that Data::Dumper is out of date."  The way it is now,
the
> only
> > problem you get is that the cpan module tells you it's out of date,
when
> > in reality it is as updated as you can get without upgrading perl.
>
> OK! You are right! I've rebuild my old perl once more and I've a new
> perl beside of my old perl. The old perl is in /usr/bin and the new
perl
> is in /usr/local/bin.
>
> Question:
> How can I IC tell to use /usr/local/bin/perl instead of /usr/bin/perl
> and how can i tell IC setup to use the cpan from perl 5.6.1 instead of
> cpan from perl 5.005.x? Should I use "/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL"
> and that is all?
> We have a lot of old script for the old perl.

Hey Joachim,

Take a look here (Thanks to Cameron!):

http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfaq19%2e00

This lays it out step by step on how to run IC with a Perl that is not
the Perl used by the rest of the system.  I used the FAQ and
successfully have IC 4.8.3 running with it's own perl while the rest of
the system uses the older perl.

See ya,
-Ron