[ic] Why do links on vhost point to primary domain?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 3 09:47:01 2002

At 10:57 PM 7/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello list-
>
>I can access the foundation catalog in a vhost domain
>by going to
>http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/foundation
>
>But all links take me to the primary domain, ie:
>http://www.bar.com/cgi-bin/foundation/admin/index.html
>
>I've searched the archives and documentation and have
>not been able to find a solution to this.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Brian Jamison

I would guess that when makecat asked you for a domain name, the default
answer was www.bar.com (the server's primary host name) instead of
www.foo.com (the virtual host name you use), and you accepted the default.
If you edit the SERVER_NAME var in the variable.txt file and that link on
entry page to both be www.foo.com and restart Interchange, you should be OK.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax