[ic] Hard Core customization

Mon Jun 3 17:31:06 2002

At 01:50 PM 5/31/2002 -0600, you wrote:

>I am trying to have IC call a shell script during the invoice
>generation to create an activation key which will be a part of the
>email copy that goes out to the user.  I've read all of the
>documentation that is included, but I haven't been able to find a
>mention of this kind of customization.
>
>Could someone give me a brief idea of what would be the most
>"correct" way to do this?  I'm very good with Perl and could probably
>go in and hack things up but I wouldn't want to do something that
>would just disappear next time I do an upgrade.
>
>Please CC me directly if at all possible!  Thanks in advance,
>Mark Lehrer

Mark -

You can call a shell script or other executable from within a GlobalSub or
Server-level UserTag. One example of this kind of thing can be found in
VENDROOT/lib/Vend/Payment/Signio.pm, another would be
VENDROOT/lib/UI/usertag/add_gpg_key.tag, and no doubt there are many others...

- Ed L.

>-users

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax