[ic] Search Results

Sexy Little Devils interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 01:03:01 2002

I've built a successful dating site using Interchange.  I'm trying to add a
new feature to the site which shows "Top Listed Members" at the top of the
search results page.  I'd only like 6 shown.. they can see the rest by
clicking 'more' (or something to that affect).

I'd like to use a SQL query (something like this):

[query sql="select member_code from members where member_toplisted >= '1'"
         type=list
           ml=6]

The only problem I'm having is formatting the data so it shows correctly.
The easiest way to explain it is to have someone look at the actual page,
the HTML frontend is already built, just needs the code.  What you will see
at the top of the search results page is obviously place holder names while
that piece is "under construction".

When a member purchases this feature, the value of member_toplisted will be
updated to "30" or however many days they purchase.  Each night at midnight,
a cronjob decrements the value by 1.  If possible, I'd like the newest (or
highest value), show in the #1 spot and so forth.  The "more" page will
simply show ALL members with [if value member_toplisted] in a SQL statement
and I will sort them by highest value (I can handle this part).

To view the search results page (to see what I'm talking about), click here:
http://sexylittledevils.com/~sexylitt/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html

Then click, Search Profiles and do a search... you will see the sample
"names".

I think [table-organize] needs utilized but not quite sure.  If using a SQL
statement is not the best option for this, please advise on a better
solution.
Thanks in advance for any help I receive!

Jim Webster
www.sexylittledevils.com