[ic] Session Dropping in High and Low Traffic

Tue Jun 4 23:51:01 2002

Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 06:24:23PM -0700, Michael Goldfarb wrote:
> > Using Ethereal, I decoded these HTTP headers when the session problem first
> > occurred in this instance.
> >
> > You can see in the GET request that it passes the ID but then the server
> > responds with an MV_SESSION_ID equaling a different value.
> >
> > You can also see below that the Cookie prints out 2 different session IDs.
> >
> > Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide...
> >
> > GET /cgi-bin/teststore.cgi/2114.html?id=gysXRrsl HTTP/1.1
> > Accept: image/gif, image/x-bitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
> > application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
> > application/msword, */*
> > Connection: Keep-Alive
> > Cookie: MV_SESSION_ID=XmRDAwEd:64.242.33.55;
> > MV_SESSION_ID=gysXRrsl:64.242.33.55
>

> Yes, I've been able to make that happen.  I've never seen indication of
> it in a customer session, only in developer world.  Kill and restart
> your browser.  clear sessions.

This usually happens when there are two catalogs on the same
system and the interchange.cfg has "Mall Yes" in interchange.cfg.

Try setting

	Mall  no

in interchange.cfg (of course check the current setting if any).

You might also remove any unused aliases on the Catalog line
for that catalog. The current makecat usually adds a /CATNAME
alias that causes an extra cookie issuance in Mall mode.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.