[ic] locale config affects ability to write to certain db tables.

Tue Jun 4 23:55:02 2002

Quoting Andrew McBeath (andrew@zeald.com):
> Hi guys,
>
> In the ui.cfg file for the admin, there are 3 lines that state:
>
> # Load individual locale settings.
> # Comment this out to remove language selection box from login
> page.
> include lib/UI/locales/*_*.cfg
>
> Commenting this line out gave me more than I bargained for:
>
> The tax admin utility no longer worked!! (tax_simple.html), posting this
> to the catalog error.log:
>
> Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXSHIPPING in read-only table
> Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXRATE in read-only table
> Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXAREA in read-only table
>
> I then changed the line to:
>
> include lib/UI/locales/de_DE.cfg
>
> and then removed most of the contents of de_DE.cfg, leaving just the
> following:
>
> 	Locale de_DE <<EOF
> 	{
>
> 	}
> 	EOF
>
> Now the tax admin utility works again!
>
> Hmmm...somethings not quite right there... ;-)
>
> Is this behaviour by design and I'm just being misled by a stray
> comment?  Or is further investigation into the actual code warranted?

This is an FAQ (I have written it, it may not be up yet).

Set

	Pragma  dynamic_variables_file_only

at the bottom of catalog.cfg, and the problem should go away.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.