[ic] Importing tables -- categories [Linking MS Access to MySQL]

Wed Jun 5 12:41:01 2002

Dear Dave,

I would suggest using Microsoft Access.  You can link them if you are using a real database such as MySQL, etc..you'll need an ODBC driver and a decent understanding of creating Access databases.  Any changes you make to the access database are changed in the server database in real time.  THIS IS COOL!

It may take a bit of set up time but you'll accomplish these very important things.
- Easy to Use
- Changes Instantly
- Easy for customer to use
- Quickly add products/categories/whatever
- or modify them...

You can create a link database and create forms for your products, and subforms under your products form for your inventory, options, etc...for that product.

There is also a great utility called MyAccess which is an Access plugin that will open MySQL databases. Do a search on the net.

Regards,

Chris Chaney