[ic] Session Dropping in High and Low Traffic

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 13:56:01 2002

> > Yes, I've been able to make that happen.  I've never seen indication of
> > it in a customer session, only in developer world.  Kill and restart
> > your browser.  clear sessions.
> >
> This usually happens when there are two catalogs on the same
> system and the interchange.cfg has "Mall Yes" in interchange.cfg.
>
> Try setting
>
> 	Mall  no
>
> in interchange.cfg (of course check the current setting if any).
>
> You might also remove any unused aliases on the Catalog line
> for that catalog. The current makecat usually adds a /CATNAME
> alias that causes an extra cookie issuance in Mall mode.

Why would that end up creating two different session IDs attached
to the same page?  I can't see how that could happen.  I know that
extra 'Catalog' aliases will create extra cookies, but I'm sure that
all session ID cookies will be served with the same value.

I still think that the browser's cookie storage/retrieval functionality
is broken and that it's returning some sort of old persistent cookie
along with the current session cookie.