[ic] collecting CC information

Jess Van Tassell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 14:55:01 2002

IC 4.8.4 running on RedHat 7.2 with Perl 5.6.1 Foundation store, barely
modified.

My customer is using ecommerce to expand their brick-and-mortar business.
They do not wish to have credit cards processed over the internet, they
want to run them by hand in the store. They do not want the CC# emailed to
them, they just want it avalilble in the `Orders' interface. They want a
person to be able to order by CC, have IC email them to say a new order is
in, then go to `Orders' to pick up the information.

As far as I can tell, as long as the # is encrypted before it is stored,
and the Admin UI is on a secure server, information is protected and life
is good. I'd like input from someone more experienced on that though.

If someone could point me to chapters in the docs or emails in the
archives, that would be great. Any new input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Jess
Virtual Horizons Networks

PS. A disclaimer on the site would be nice: "Must know Perl and be able to
interpret documentation in Swahili to use this program. Ability to read the
minds of the programmers is also helpful." This might help protect innocent
minds. Sorry to complain, I'd change to something else, but I'm bound to
this program by forces beyond my control.