[ic] form in area tag, good except

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 22:05:02 2002

Hi

I am trying to get a variable to toggle based on user click. This variable
is on every page of the site.

I have

[set searchset]
mv_todo=return
mv_nextpage=@@MV_PAGE@@
[set smode]adv[/set]
[/set]

<A HREF="[area form="mv_click=searchset"]">switch to advanced mode</a>

This works fine on every page tested so far except a flypage. Basically,
"smode" can be toggled to sim => simple mode or adv => advanced mode.

When I go to try this on flypage, I lose the "item" reference, so my flypage
completely breaks. I also tried [var MV_PAGE 1], a clue from the archives,
but that didn't work at all.

I have also tried

<A HREF="[area href=@@MV_PAGE@@ form='smode=adv']">
<A HREF="[area href=[var MV_PAGE 1] form='smode=adv']">

As well as others. I thought it would be much like the "tree" module in it's
function, but it just isn't working.

Also, all this code is brought in by an [include], I think that may have
bearing based on a thread of Mike Heins.

Any hint on either what is going on, or a different approach would be
appreciated.

TIA

Paul