[ic] cloning a catalog or uprooting and placing elsewhere

Fri Jun 7 00:05:02 2002

Quoting S. Wong (swong@webprincess-designs.com):
> Hello all,
>
> Was wondering what steps I may have missed during cloning of a catalog I've
> customized (new items/pages) and placed on a different virtual host.
>
> Here's what I've done ...
>
> I've edited interchange.cfg to copy the Catalog entry I've cloned and changed
> everything to the new  : new_catalog /path/to/cgi-bin/new_catalog
> /cgi-bin/newstore ... and I've copied over the /cgi-bin/old_catalog to
> /path/to/cgi-bin/new_catalog and everything in the store directory ... made
> certain all variables were changed to the new, cloned the mysql db and made sure
> same user had access to the new_db.  Even did mysql connect to new_db to make
> sure.  Started interchange ... it called the new_catalog fine but when I try to
> access the new catalog, I get the 'busy page.'  I looked at the interchange log
> and can't find anything.  I'm thinking I missed something.  Or should I always
> do makecat?

Nope. Looks like you did right except for one thing. I would compare
modes on the cgi-bin executables. I bet you don't have the new one
in setuid mode. You should copy with

	cp -a cgi-bin/old_catalog cgi-bin/new_catalog

on Linux. Or you could just do:

	chown interch cgi-bin/new_catalog
	chmod u+s cgi-bin/new_catalog

where interch is the username that IC runs as.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".