[ic] Re-post: form problems

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 00:36:01 2002

Julia Jacobs wrote:

>I have a foundation ic checkout type form that includes a check box to
>remove their chosen products, which zeros out the quantity of the displayed
>product description to ZERO by acting as a submit button when pressed.
>
><INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME="[quantity-name]"
>onClick="this.form.action='[process-target]', this.form.submit()" VALUE=0>

For starters, I would search the mailing list archives as there have
been several postings over the last year on how to delete items without
javascript.  A major problem with JS is that it is heavily DOM dependent
and what may work from NS will in many cases not work in IE, so my two
cents on that is go without JS.

Do not become offended if your questions are not answered, I have been a
participant on this list for roughly three years and I would say that
maybe one in five of my questions tender a response.  I suspect that in
most cases, fellow list members are just too busy to respond to each and
every question and I know from my own personal experience, I often only
read those that seem the most interesting or that I can learn something
from.

Certainly, if it is blantantly obvious that the question was covered
yesterday on the list or could be found answered on page one of
paragraph one of the opening sentence of the documentation, then like
most folks, I simply ignore it, not to be rude, but because I have too
much work to do, to take the time to restate that which was probably
answered better by a previous poster...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028