[ic] CookieLogin Yes

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jun 8 21:26:01 2002

At 12:03 AM 6/9/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>>Off the top of my head, no, but I have never claimed to be an expert on
>>http servers. You are not the first person who has seen this problem
>>though, and I am wondering if there would an interchange.cfg entry which
>>would allow the cookie to be set in the desired way under SSL. I can't say
>>much more, because I haven't solved the problem for anyone (other than
>>making the same suggestion I made to you earlier) and I can't reproduce the
>>problem on my own servers.
>>
>>- Ed L.
>Ed,
>
>I am trying to follow the code in login.html, but am getting lost at the
>form that calls [process secure=1]
>
>Where is the code for process? - This must be where the cookie is set?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

I think I just answered a separate post of yours on this list that was a
rephrasing of this question.

The actual code that sets the cookie is in VENDROOT/lib/Vend/UserDB.pm.
Grep or search that module for 'cookie' and you will find the subroutine. I
believe it's execution is triggered by a login being called with the value
mv_cookie_password being true (yes/1), which is of course the condition
which occurs then 'Automatic Login' is checked on the login form.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax