[ic] Checkout Page Error Messages

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 10 12:41:25 2002

At 06:54 PM 06/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>>>Thanks, but I'm looking for where the actual error messages >>themselves
>>>are defined.  You specified where the requirements are defined.  I
>>>need >>to find where the text like: (blank), ('' not a two-letter state
>>>or >>province code), ('' not a US zip or Canadian postal code), and
>>>(Must have day >>or evening phone number) is defined.  Those errors come
>>>up on the >>checkout page after you checkout.  Any more ideas?
>>>
>>>- Grant
>>
>>Same place. Try this in etc/profiles.order, say, in the profile named
>>'credit_card' (you'll need to do a test order with a dummy credit >card),
>>and don't forget to Apply Changes before testing:
>>
>>fname=required Should we just call you Bubba?
>>
>>- Ed L.
>
>Ok cool, thanks.  That enables me to customize the text that appears in
>the parenthesis after "First Name" when fname is left blank.  What if I
>wanted to have no parenthesis or text, and just have the text "First Name"
>turn red?  Is that too deep in the source code to fool with?  Here is the
>code that seems to bring up the error now:
>
>[error name=fname std_label="First Name" required=1]
>
>Can I alter some of this tag to make it happen maybe?
>
>Thanks!
>
>- Grant

You can override the standard html output of the error tag with your own
customized template; it's right there in the docs:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictags04.24

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax