[ic] Seperate Packages

Mon Jun 10 23:19:03 2002

Quoting Brendan Crosser-McGay (brendan@paymentonline.com):
> Okay, I've thought about this, and haven't come to a simple solution, I hope
> someone can help me out here.
>
> I've got products that are 44 pounds each, however, the user should be able
> to buy as many of them as they want.  Unfortunately since the UPS/FEDEX
> shipping calculation affects the entire order, the order total adds up to
> way beyond 150lbs and thus the shipping cost is returned as 0.  I want each
> one of the 44 lbs products in their own delivery, so seperate shipping
> determined for each of these products purchased.  Has anyone else come
> accross this problem?  I hope theres an easy solution I'm overlooking.

I don't think you have provided enough info.

If *all* products were that way, shipped separately, it would be as
simple as making the cost field be:

	f <<EOF
[calc]
[item-list]
	(
	[item-quantity] * [ups-query
				weight="[item-field weight]"
				other-options=same_as_usual
			   ]
	)
    +
[/item-list]
    0;
[/calc]
EOF

More normally, you would write (or get a competent consultant to write)
a custom UserTag that could do things consoldiation of products
with optimal packing or detailing of individual package shipment
costs.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector