[ic] [import] update not overwrite

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 11 16:40:01 2002

Hello list

I am trying to do a multiple checkbox add (results.html) to space delimited
field in arbitrary db via a second receiving page and [import] tag. I was
advised that this [import] tag I speak of will work as a faux update =>
appending data to a field based on an existing "code".

[search-region stuff]

<FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD="POST">
[search-list]
    stuff here
<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME=media_add VALUE="[item-code] ">
    stuff here
[/search-list]

    stuff here

 [loop search="
		fi=mediabox
		sf=parent
		se=[data session username]
		rf=code,nickname
		tf=nickname
		ml=5
	      "
	      option=boxcode]

	      [on-match]<SELECT NAME=boxcode>[/on-match]
	      [list]
	      <OPTION VALUE="[loop-param code]">[loop-param nickname]
	      [/list]
	      [on-match]</SELECT>[/on-match]
	      [no-match]<SELECT NAME=boxcode VALUE="boxcode">
              <OPTION VALUE="">MAIN
               </SELECT>
		[/no-match]
	      [/loop]
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=myname VALUE="[data session username]">
<input type=submit name=mv_click value="addit">
	[set addit]
	    mv_todo=return
	    mv_nextpage=../special_pages/add_media
	[/set]

</form>

[/search-region]

------------------
Then in add_media.html I have:
------------------

[flag type=write table=mediabox]
[import table=mediabox type=LINE continue=NOTES]
code: [cgi boxcode]
parent: [cgi data session username]
media: [cgi media_add]
[/import]

[bounce href="[area i_advresults]"]

--------

I have to pass ALL columns in mediabox that I wish not to be overwritten,
because this will overwrite. Also, in the space separated area I get

da00001 &#0;da00002 &#0;da00003

I see my sku, followed by a space, then a &#0;  What is that?

Can anybody confirm if [import] will act like an update, and not a complete
overwrite?

TIA

Paul