[ic] CC Encryption

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 11 22:23:00 2002

> Does Interchange have the ability to send the credit card number in the clear
> via email with each order, or does someone already have a patch to do so? I
> want to switch over to Interchange for my offering, but having the users
> setup PGP on their machines is probably too much to ask, some of them can
> barely do email at all, I just want the option to do it in the clear (this is
> how my current solution deals with it as well).

Interchange does not send out credit card details in the clear, either
by default or via an option you can switch.  Interchange does not even
store credit card numbers in a user's session.

While I'm sure that this facility could be hacked in, I'm also sure that
you'd be making a mistake by doing so.  Do you make use of a secure web
server when collecting credit card details?  If so then ask yourself why.