[ic] CC Encryption

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 12 03:09:01 2002

Michael Baird <mike@tc3net.com> writes:

> The customers are already running Windows based OS's anyway, anyway's I just
> asked for the choice, not that it become the defacto standard, because It's
> what my customers want. A hacker can always break into the server and hack
> the interchange CGI's as well, maybe the perl scripts should be encrypted to
> stop this. Well anyway I wasn't looking for reasons why this shouldn't be
> done (I'm quite aware of the caveats and all), I just wanted to know if there
> was an option I missed, or if someone had already patched it to function in
> the manner customers are accustomed to, if the answer is no, I will patch it
> myself to function in a way that the customers will best be able to deal with
> . Talking a few 100 novices through setting up PGP, not to mention those
> using web based mail systems, which do not support it, isn't a practical
> solution in my mind.

Install Sqwebmail and GPG on your server and give your novices an account.
That is much better than blowing out CC numbers in the world. Please
remember, this is a public mailing list and you already discredited yourself
to your possible customers.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Free resources for Interchange programming NOW !!!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need my professional help.