[ic] CC Encryption

Bill Carr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 12 08:30:01 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 23:28, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> I'm sure that you could come up with a whole host of weird suggestions,
> such as encoding the card number into a PNG image file and sending
> HTML-encoded order emails, but the fact of the matter is that none
> of them will be secure enough to stop you losing your merchant account
> if you are caught.
>
> I suggest that you either take the time to install PGP/GnuPG, or that
> you use some form of automated card payment processor.
How can a non-technical Windows user decrypt a PGP encrypted message
from their mail client? We used to ship PGP from Network Associates to
our clients for this purpose but this product has been dropped. How can
we get the CC info to the shop keeper safely with little pain or no
pain? Realtime processing is not an option for low volume sites.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact