[ic] CC Encryption

Daryl Houston interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 12 11:27:00 2002

You can get PGP for various platforms at
http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgp/versions/freeware/.

Daryl L. L. Houston
Project Director
Mediapulse, Inc.
865.482.4455 ext. 21

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Heins [mailto:mike@valuemedia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:03 AM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: Re: [ic] CC Encryption

Quoting Bill Carr (bill@worldwideimpact.com):
> On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 23:28, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > I'm sure that you could come up with a whole host of weird
suggestions,
> > such as encoding the card number into a PNG image file and sending
> > HTML-encoded order emails, but the fact of the matter is that none
> > of them will be secure enough to stop you losing your merchant
account
> > if you are caught.
> >
> > I suggest that you either take the time to install PGP/GnuPG, or
that
> > you use some form of automated card payment processor.
> How can a non-technical Windows user decrypt a PGP encrypted message
> from their mail client? We used to ship PGP from Network Associates to
> our clients for this purpose but this product has been dropped. How
can
> we get the CC info to the shop keeper safely with little pain or no
> pain? Realtime processing is not an option for low volume sites.

I think GPG has a Windows version, though I don't know how easy
it is to install and get going, and I don't know if it can
be added to Eudora and such to do easy inline decrypts.

A pointer to the Windows version of PGP and/or GPG which is
easy and supports common mailers would seem to be a nice thing
to have in our FAQ. Anyone know?

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Software axiom: Lack of speed kills.