[ic] uploading excel file in wizard - question not addressed in archives

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 12 18:13:01 2002

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 04:51 pm, Actormailings.com info wrote:
> I am TRYING to use the wizard to set up my storefront.  I'm doing this
> after many attempts at entering info only to have it NOT show up.
> The wizard seemed to be the answer.  At the products part of the wizard, I
> downloaded the spreadsheet, filled it out and saved it, and clicked on the
> browse button to upload it.  It all seems to be okay until I get to
> "Finish".
>
> At this point, I get a fatal error message telling me there is no such
> file. It IS there.  I even tried uploading the spreadheet into my "upload"
> folder. It gets there, but then the wizard doesn't see it.  I've clicked on
> the file-name IN the wizard to upload it immediately.  It does upload
> something,but it's a blank file.
>
> It seems like such a simple thing.  I would have been so much happier if I
> could simply start with a blank cart with step by step instructions.  But
> by opting for this cart through my webhosting company, it came ready-made
> with sample data...sample data that WON'T GO AWAY!!!
>
> Any help for this obvious beginner would be much appreciated.
> Thanks
> Jordan

Do you have access to any of the logs? This might shine a light on what is
happening.

What happens when you click on items from the UI and try to delete an item?

Rick Eicher II
www.pbol.net