[ic] downloads

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 13 04:57:02 2002

> I need to offer free comps (downloads) for every product, these will be
> large too. I don't want IC to handle the download, but the "action" must
> take place without leaving the flypage. Is there a way I can invoke a popup
> window, that would contain a link for the download, and when clicked would
> not be downloading through IC?
>
> I am a little confused as to what constitutes IC actually handling the
> download. Does the download have to be initiated by a page within the
> catalog/dir?

You don't need a JavaScript pop-up window to do that, unless you really
want one.  You could simply place your free files in a directory under
the VirtualHost's DocumentRoot and create an link to it like this:

The target="_blank" will create a new window when the link is clicked
without any nasty JavaScript.

If the URI contains a path that includes the Interchange link program
then the file will be served by Interchange.  If the URI does not then
the file will be served by your web server.  For instance, your logo,
thumbnail images and other miscellaneous decorations should not be served
by Interchange.