[ic] Is it possible to adjust discount per customer group basis?

Jani Tolonen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 14 04:35:02 2002

Hi!

I'm using Interchange version 4.8.5

I'm looking for a way to set discount for all items per customer group
basis. My idea was to use the 'Price Level' -labeled field in table
'userdb' (the real name of the field is 'price_level').

In the demo foundation this field contains values such as:

- Retail
- Dealer
- Distributor
- Wholesaler
- Small business
- Large corporate
- Private person
- Governmental or educational

What I would like to do is to set a certain discount % to all of these
groups and it would apply to all items.

For example:

customer group	discount %
==============	==========
Retail		10%
Dealer		20%
Private		0%

Let's assume item 'A' costs 100 USD.  If a customer who is a member of
'Retail' group buys this item, he would get it for 90 USD. Customer
from 'Dealer' group would get it for 80 USD and 'Private' for 100 USD.

In case of many items is purchased at once and pricing is for example
100 USD for one item and 90 USD for 2 items, and the customer buys 2
items, the discount % would be taken from the quantity price.

Is this doable?

If not, is it planned for a future version of Interchange?

I'd be grateful for any input!

Regards,

- Jani

For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Jani Tolonen <jani@mysql.com>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Helsinki, Finland
       <___/   www.mysql.com