[ic] import options table saga

Marty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 14 18:27:00 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 22:54, Dave Turk wrote:
> I can't understand why I can't import this into the database. I have even
> exported it to a text/tab delimited file then back into excel. I have tried
> to import
> it as a text file and I get a similar error. It must be the way I am putting
> the codes in. I have matched my entries to an entry that is already in the
> options
> table. Can someone please point out what you think I may be doing wrong. I
> can import everything else just fine.
>

> FATAL error
> DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
> 'option=NULL where code = 'K-16109-4'' at line 1 at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1178,  line 3.
>
> Progress to date:
> table options: Using fields from file: 'code sku o_enable o_matrix o_modular
> o_group o_value o_label o_widget option price o_footer'
>
> Thanks vry much
> Dave Turk

Hi Dave,

FWIW, I opened your file up and see a bunch of duplicate double quotes
in there.   Not sure if that is your problem or not, but looks
suspicious.  My experience with Excel and csv files is not very
pleasant.  Once I got everything up and running I stopped importing and
exporting to Excel and a lot of my mysterious problems disappeared.
--
Marty Tennison