[ic] if-data foreign

Chaim Klar interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 18 10:28:01 2002

>> HI:
>
>> From what I have observed it seems that it is not possible to pass the
>> option "foreign" (which is available from tag data).
>> Is this correct? or am I just missing something.
>>
>> Thank You
>> Chaim Klar

> Yes, AFAIK. But you can use [if explicit] or embedded Perl,
> please refer to the docs.

> Ciao
>         Racke

Thank you for the help.

I wonder how much work it would be to add this functionality.

I have seen that interchange delegates the actual lookup to "tag data" uses,
so it seems like adding this functionality should be relatively easy with
the following changes.

In Vend/Interpolate.pm:

elsif($base eq 'data') {
<<               my($d,$f,$k) = split /::/, $term;
$op = database_field($d,$k,$f);

could have been changed to:

>>	my($d,$f,$k,$n) = split /::/, $term;

with “n” being the optional foreign field name.

This will make if-data behave some what more like the data tag.

Thank You
Chaim Klar