[ic] Check Out - Place Order Very Slow

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 19 21:05:48 2002

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 08:23:42AM -0700, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
> Steve Graham wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >IC 4.8.5, RH7.3
> >
> >Everything is working good on my IC site, except when I click the
> >place order button on the checkout page. It takes about 4-5 minutes,
> >then everything shows up as expected. Receipt page, email to cutomer,
> >and email to the order processing desk. Credit card is encrypted as
> >expected.
> >
> >Any suggestion what might be taking so long. We are not using a credit
> >card processor at this time, so IC should just encrypt the card, send
> >the email and be done - probably less the 1sec.
>
> Sounds like you could be having problems with SMTP and DNS...  Presuming
> that IC is idle in the background with top, when check to make sure your
> DNS is fuctioning properly...

5 minutes might be a default apache timeout, if that is what you are
using.  It's way longer than any DNS timeout I've ever seen.  Something
is waiting on something - how helpful is that?  Make sure all the clocks
on related machines are in sync and check timestamps of all the events.

Of course, you say 4 or 5 minutes....  What do the logs say?