[ic] Using PHP with Interchange (also PHPNuke, CrossNuke, and PostNuke)

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 21 14:15:00 2002

> Why don't you just rewrite the php code in IML... In MANY way
> IML is a more
> powerful language than php....
>

> John Beima
> jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

When I started the site I created in Interchange I had the
choice of doing some things in PHP and some things in IC,
and I decided to put everything in Interchange so that
there was one session management system, one set of cookies
and one place for all the page code.  I do have some PHP
on the back-end which allows the proprietors of the store
to write articles and organize some things like the
hierarchy of sections and products since I wanted some
things that Interchange doesn't provide.  I would say
that having two systems for the back end is ok, but I
wouldn't recommend it for your live site.  John's right.
Anything you are doing in PHP you can redo in IC and
end up with a more integrated system.