[ic] Authorize.Net Missing Order Number

Sat Jun 22 00:03:01 2002

Quoting Russ Mann (tech@khouse.org):
> > I think it may have to do with the order process. An order number is not
> > created until the transaction is completed, at which time IC says "make it
> > so" and assigns the order number. To pass it to the authnet gateway, one
> > thinks that IC would have to assign the receipt number "before" the
> > transaction is verified and successful....
> >
> > May mean just another sub to create, but what does it do, "hold" an order
> > number waiting for a successful transaction, what if there is
> > never success?
> > Junk the number? Then you have missing numbers in your order query. Assign
> > the number back to the order_number file, what if second shopper came and
> > went already? Then you have a quandary...
> >
> > "if" this is the scenario, it could be fixed with some a coding....
> >
> > RS
>

> Ok, that's understandable.  Alternative way to do this: Make a unique number
> for each "attempted" order and log it in the database.  It will not be the
> actual order number, but it is a field we could print out on the email
> report and in the UI admin to correlate the CC charge with the actual order.
>
> IC Gurus, does this sound like a reasonable solution?

That is what happens now with the order ID. I don't know why
that reference number is not passed in, I am guessing it is
just a bug.

Probably the line which says:

		x_Trans_ID		=> $actual->{order_id},

Needs to say:

		x_Trans_ID		=> $actual->{order_id} || $order_id,

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown