[ic] Announcing Formation of ICDEVGROUP

Birgitt Funk interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jun 22 09:53:01 2002

several people wrote:

[quote]

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):

> > founded the "Interchange Development Group" (ICDEVGROUP) which > > > >
>defines itself as follows:

> > network of developers dedicated to fostering the evolution of > > > > >
>Interchange, a highly professional Perl-based web application > > > > >
>server in continuous development since 1995."
> > > > >
> > > Just trying to get a handle on this... does this mean that > > > > > >
>Interchange is no longer "RedHat's" ecommerce software but that
> > > it is now "independently"  maintained and distributed?  just > > > > >
>curious.
> >
> > The interest of the ICDEVGROUP is to continue the development of
> > Interchange, whatever Red Hat's plans in respect to it might be.
>

>And since almost all of the developers who have worked on Interchange
>support ICDEVGROUP, it will probably work. 8-)
>
>With best regards, your members of the Interchange Development Group.
>
>    Brev Patterson (USA)
>    Dan Browning (USA)
>    Ed La France (USA)
>    Jonathan Clark (England)
>    Kevin Walsh (England)
>    Mike Heins (USA)
>    Mr. X (USA)
>    Stefan Hornburg, captain, also known as "Racke" (Germany)
>    Ton Verhagen (Netherlands)

[end of quotes]

Well, Mike has nerves and Racke too, apparently. :-)

But I don't understand who is author and owner of IC. In old times I thought
it was Mike Heins, author and owner and he was the only one who could decide
under which license he releases the code and he has left it under the GPL.
Then this whole merging, selling and dumping went on.

What's the current status? Is RedHat the owner of IC and is it THEM who
COULD legally decide to play around with the license? There are so many
fancy licenses these days...

Confused. And what the hell is "perusion"? Has that word a meaning? It's not
in the dictionary. Is that the name of the new company you founded with Mr.
Hanson?

Anyhow, good luck, how can you stomach that much change? Ah well, I guess
it's appropriate for "interchange" developers to handle "change" quite
nicely. Hope you make enough "change" with the new company, too.

And who is Mr. X? How come he needs to remain incognito? Tzz, tzz...

Good luck again.

sorry for the bad formatting...