[ic] ...Errors running user type = M

Bradley D. Thornton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 24 09:21:01 2002

 I've been trying to get interchange to run correctly on a machine
 that has been set up to handle typical webhosting clients.

 This is the error I get after I have the following setup on the
 server:

 I did a chown -Rv uid.uid ~uid
 then a chmod -Rv 755 ~uid

 /etc/group looks like this:

 uid:x:641:interch

 /etc/paswd looks like this:

 uid:x:641:641:Where uid is the actual username:/www/uid:/bin/bash
 interch:x:101:234:Interchange server:/var/lib/interchange:/bin/bash

 I'm running suexec on RH 6.2:

 from uname -a
 Linux hostname.SLD.TLD 2.2.12-20 #1 Mon Sep 27 10:25:54 EDT 1999 i586 unknown

 Here's the perms on the cgi:

 -rwxr-xr-x   1 interch  interch      7348 Jun 24 05:29 cbio

 (cbio is the actual name of he catalog)

 and I've even chmod'd it to 777 as well. I selected M (this time)
 instead of G during setup of user/group config for Interchange, but
 usually have permissions of uid.users with users being gid 100 and
 there not being any group for the user themselves but rather, the
 user belonging to gid 100 - this is for directory security and the
 perms are typically set to something like 707 0r 705. I couldn't get
 that to work (an suexec issue perhaps?)

 the message I got this time after su'ing to interch and doing a
 /usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r was:

Killing Interchange server 12206 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
"mode" is not defined in %Fcntl::EXPORT_TAGS at ./interchange line 2759
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.5
Configuring catalog cbio...cbio config error: Could not create
'/www/uid/catalogs/cbio/products/new_variable.gdbm':
Permission denied at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm
line 63, <IN> chunk 1.