[ic] items not found -solved

Steve Graham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 25 22:35:01 2002

>From: Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com>
>To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
>Subject: Re: [ic] items not found
>Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:18:16 -0700
>
>At 06:47 PM 6/25/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>I am using interchange with the default db, after inputting some data I
>>changed some fields.
>>After continued entering data I realised that some items where not found
>>when using the small search box in the user interface but could be found
>>when using the advanced search or clicking on the category and even found
>>when using the admin ui item editor. I checked the products.txt file and
>>seems OK, removed the products.gdbm to rebuild the database, check all
>>tables but no success.
>>Any ideas please
>>

>>Ronald Camilleri
>
>I'd guess the reason for this is that the searches on those two forms are
>constructed differently. In particular, the sidebar search is explicitly a
>db search, where the searches on the advanced search pages are not of an
>explicitly defined type, so they may default to text searches, depending
>upon how your catalog is configured. Also, the sidebar search contains a
>few lines which try to exclude items which have their 'inactive' field set
>to Yes (1); the advanced searches do not.
>
>So if you want to poke around in those search forms a bit, you can probably
>change one or the other so that they behave in a more consistent manner.
>
>- Ed L.

Ed - thanks again.....

I removed these 4 line items from the search_small_box componenet:
(I have abbreviated the lines below for simplicity)

mv_coordinate=1
mv_column_op=ne
mv_column_op=rm
mv_searchspec=1
and it works as expected.

I would suggest making this change in foundation, or simply comment these
lines out, as I did. Might save some of these same questions in the future.

Steve
http://www.mrlock.com