[ic] using frames with Interchange

TGroup interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 28 12:13:01 2002

When the
> I know there must be a way to make the links at
> the framed site Interchange friendly.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?
Let interchange deliver all of the frames. Use cookies.

Thank you for the reply Bill.  I thought I had already done that.  (I am
using Interchange4.8 at a hosted environment which serves Inerchange as part
of the "CPanel" package.)

There is a folder called "Catalogs", which is outside the public area of the
site.  The directory path to where the pages reside is:
/catalogs/nordfab/pages/.  I created a subdirectory under "pages" to help
distinguish the site's pages from Interchange's default pages, and to make
sure I didn't overwrite any of Interchange's pages (such as "aboutus.html).
These site specific pages reside at: /catalogs/nordfab/pages/framed
("framed" being the new directory).  I placed the frameset page,
index2.html, inside this directory, so the address used to call up the site
now becomes http://thesite.com/~thesite/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/framed/index2.html
("thesite.com" is a substitute for the actual site name for demonstation in
this mailing list only).

The result seems to be that Interchange is now delivering all the framed
pages.

I have my browser set to accept cookies.  But the problem lingers.  If I add
an item to the cart, then click on another category link in the left
navigation frame, the first session id is lost, and a new one is created for
the next category. Obviously I am doing something incorrectly.  Many thanks.