[ic] profiles.order

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jun 30 14:46:02 2002

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Steve Graham wrote:

SG>>Jim,
SG>>
SG>>You need to download the USPS Shipping assistant:
SG>>http://www.uspswebtools.com/ShippingAssistant/SA_splash.htm
SG>>
SG>>This will allow you to track your priority mailings without ANY extra cost,
SG>>and prints a barcoded label. Then you can print your postage with
SG>>stamps.com, or stick stamps on it, or go let your friendly post office for
SG>>help.
SG>>
SG>>Of course, the Shipping assistant does not work to APO's, but will get it to
SG>>AK, and HI. It is a leap in the right direction. Maybe they will take their
SG>>blinders off one of these days....

This is an interesting package. I looked at it about a year ago and it was
crud and no support available. They seem to have improved things.

I installed it today and played a bit.

It appears that it does handle APOs, but I haven't proven it.

It also handles International shipping and I may go back to shipping to
Canada. I'm going to do a test shipment in a couple of days.

It sent me an e-mail as the customer telling me that the package is coming
and the tracking number. That puts it up on a par with FedEx. (I don't think
that UPS does that yet.)

The glitch I've found is that it doesn't print postage and the stamps.com
application insists on entering in complete address, weight, etc. It can
very well be twice the work.

It's a very nice looking label that it produces - very professional looking.

They have made a tremendous start into the problem, but they still have a
ways to go!

Thanks for the tip!

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Sunday, June 30, 2002 at 14:35 PM:
How do you write zero in Roman numerals?

This Linux System has been up 77 hours