[ic] recent problems with httpd

S. Wong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jun 30 22:57:02 2002

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my Apache on Linux 7.2 to patch for the
vulnerability reported June 19th.  However, since I've done that, it
seems that my server keeps hanging (can't spawn children) after several
connections to cgi-bin (whether a perl script or the webstore).  Has
anyone experienced the same thing and is it something to do with the way
the patch works?  I don't think it's a memory issue because I'm the only
one hitting the web server at the moment and I'm monitoring the memory
usage ... pretty good as far as I can see.

I will try to observe if it happens because I'm doing admin stuffs at
the same time ... though I've done this before and nothing like this has
happened except for the occasional admin/ui not found.  I'll let the
store get hit for a bit and see if it hangs after sometime.

But if anyone has seen this, I'd appreciate recommendations to "fix."
 Thanks.

--
Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess