[ic] oh boy....

G Guttero interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 19:54:01 2002

Ok, I do ALL the stuff for my business which takes up a lot of my time.
I've been looking over the archive and the info is pretty much over my head.
  What I need to know is, should I delve into the wonderful world of
Interchange and get it down so that I can have control over my store and any
I build in the future or will it be more than I can handle?

I'm not a total stranger to coding, I do know HTML and it seems very easy to
me (impressed?), and I've heard that IC isn't a hard language to learn.  But
I'll need to know what?  PGP, IC, and what else?  I do all the product
photography, marketing, advertising, daily management, packing and shipping,
accounting, customer service, web design, and everything else you could
imagine for my business.  Yeah it keeps me busy, but it's actually not too
over the top.  Can I handle Interchange too?  I had a buddy of mine doing
the IC stuff before which is why I have a fully functioning IC store on 4.6
right now.  He didn't build it from scratch, he just modified the Foundation
store, and learned IC as he went along (he's quite a programmer), but he's
had a bit of a spiritual awakening and won't go anywhere near a computer
most of the time now.  So is this a do-able thing for me?  I DON'T want to
learn PERL as I really think that would just be too much.  Can I get by
without it?  Will Interchange overwhelm me?

I would really appreciate as many responses as possible.  Thanks a lot guys!